IncidentSmart Update: Annotate Images
By Dan Curran on June 05, 2015
Annotating is the act of adding critical or explanatory notes. Our newest feature, Image Annotation, allows you to use the IncidentSmart mapping tools to add notes and icons to any image you upload.
The ability to use the mapping tool on top of user uploaded images has been one of our most requested features, and in this update we deliver.
Pre-incident plans, training scenarios and post-incident analysis reports will all benefit from this new feature..
To annotate an image you must perform the following steps.
- Create a new report or select an existing report to edit
- Select an image to upload
- Save your report!
If you created a new report you will be taken to your reports View screen. Click the Edit button to be taken to the reports edit screen.
- Scroll down to the images section
- Click the Annotate button located under the image preview
- A warning will appear saying: "You cannot undo setting your image to being annotated. Continue?"
- Click OK
Your image will be shown at full size with the IncidentSmart mapping toolbar next to it. You can now use all of the map icons and tools on top of your image.
Click here to see a full list of the updates and changes to IncidentSmart.