Post-incident analysis review is a vital activity that should be undertaken after every major incident (NFPA 1521 Appendix B). IncidentSmart allows your department to benefit from the easy creation of post-incident analysis, consistency in how the content is delivered, and ease in disseminating the information throughout your department.
Post-incident analysis allow your department to
map created with IncidentSmart
- harness the "lessons learned" from each incident
- Record and share best practices
- Improve on-scene decision making by evaluating past actions
- Improve processes to keep your crews safe
- Incident Commanders will assess their scenes more critically knowing that they need to record it later
- Fire fighters will perform more thoughtfully after engaging in the incident review process
IncidentSmart makes post-incident analysis effective through:
- A simple interface that walks you through completing each section of the report
- Mapping tools to help you create a diagram of the scene
- Ability to upload photos of your scene to provide even more information to your personnel
- Easy tools to share your report throughout your organization
Consistently documenting your incidents will lead to you have a smarter and more effective department. Make every incident count.
Please take a look at an example post-incident analysis report so that you can see the amount of information that can be harnessed using IncidentSmart.