List of Program Updates for IncidentSmart
The change log is a file designed to communicate changes to the IncidentSmart service and program to our users.
Current Version: 1.18
Version updated: February 16, 2018
February 16, 2018
- Added the ability to change the order of images attached to reports.
October 22, 2017
- Update to drawing tools core. Will result in improved speed when creating and viewing maps.
- Added an optional BETA feature which will enlarge images to make them print better to the size of a A4 page. This feature can be enabled from the manage account page.
May 8, 2017
- Fixed a bug that would prevent multiple annotated images from showing up correctly.
- Fixed a bug that would cause walls to shift their position when saved after being resized
April 10, 2017
- Add Protected Links to all reports. See the article on Protected Links for more information on how this feature works.
March 15, 2016
- Added an Estimated Fire Flow Calculation to the Pre-Incident Plan report. See the article on Estimated Fire Flow for more information on how this feature works.
March 21, 2016
- Added a new key box icon found in the labels sections
- Added the ability to resize all map icons independently
- Added the ability to allow a user to duplicate your report through the sharing panel
- Removed the ability to change your department name from the user management page
- Created a new top level department entity
- Created a new Department Administation role
Created a Department Administration section.
This new area allows Department Administrators to add and remove users, move, delete or duplicate user reports
December 19, 2015
This update adds rich text editing to reports.
- Added rich text editing to Pre-Incident Plan, Training Scenarios and Post-Incident Analysis Reports.
- Added a new comments field to Post-Incident Analysis Reports, this field also allows rich text editing.
December 10, 2015
This update provides improvements for mobile viewing of reports.
- Updated the report maps so that they scale to fit the screens of smaller devices.
- Fixed a bug where touch events on a map would not allow the window to scroll.
July 15, 2015
This update offers a couple of improvements to the mapping tool. You can now move your maps around and duplicate your maps.
- Added the ability to change the order of maps. You can move them up or down.
- Added the ability to duplicate a map.
July 13, 2015
This update brings a new section to the website the Guides and Help Section. Along with this additional section we have improved some of the mapping tools, updated the Victim icon, and given more control of scaling.
- Created the Guides and Help section
- Updated the Victim icon to allow you to set different colors for the icon
- Changed the scale feature to use a slider which allows a change of 5% increments
- Fixed a bug with the mapping tool that prevented you from moving icons after rotating an icon.
- Removed the option to set a color for the Fire Area and Portable Pond, as they do not support a color.
- Updated the structure tool resize feature to read "Width and Length" instead of "Width and Height"
June 2, 2015
This update adds the ability to annotate images a couple new map icons, and white hose lines.
- Added the ability to annotate images.
- Added NFPA 704 icon, under the label's group
- Added a Gas Shutoff icon, under the label's group
- Added an Electrical Shutoff icon, under the label's group
May 8, 2017
This update contains a number of quality of life improvements made to the site over the past month and a half.
- Added a page where you can view all public reports.
- You can now duplicate across report types. You can duplicate a pre-incident plan as a training scenario, training scenario as an incident, etc.
- Added geocoding to reports. Geocoding occurs in the background, and is a feature that will allow incidents and pre-plans to be placed on a map in the future.
- Allow a potential client to purchase additional accounts, when paying wiht a credit card.
- Updated some code to allow more responsive page loading
- Cleaned up alerts to be more consistent and descriptive.
- Cleaned up duplication code to perform better when copying maps and images
Version 1.6 - Documents and More
March 10, 2015
This update has added a lot of new features. Please see the blog post Documents and More for a complete rundown of the changes.
- Added a documents upload system
- Added the message center
- Added breadcrumbs throughout the site
- Added pages to list users reports by type
- Updated the contacts system and how to add contacts
- Updated all report forms
- Updated how all reports are displayed
- Updated user profile page
- Updated the users page
- Updated the user management page
- Fixed a spelling error on the report creation drop down
Version 1.5 - New Map Icons
January 24, 2015
IncidentSmart is entering the new year with additional icons and functionality for the mapping tool.
- Added the following map icons: Fire Department Connection, Curved Road, Railroad, Curved Railroad, Fire SUV, Brush Truck, Pickup Truck, SUV, Box Truck and Tractor Trailer
- Improved the label tool. You may now set the size of your label, and optionally turn off the background border.
- Added an optional field for training hours on the Training Scenario report
- Ensure the sharing functionality works when no users are selected
Version 1.4 - Advanced Structure
November 21, 2014
The major new piece of functionality in this update is the Advanced Structure. This is a new map tool that allows you to create structures with any number of sides. This release also includes a couple other improvements.
- The advanced structures map tool has been created
- Updated the small icons which is used when the map is scaled to 50%, this increases clarity for your small maps
- Changed the users home pages to have a tabbed list for showing reports of different types
- Added Disqus to the blog posts, this will allow users to post on blog content
- Added the ability for a user to add a picture to be displayed on their dashboard
- Updated the user dashboard to display additional user information
- Added a field for a user to have a department
- Added a field for a user to opt out of receiving update notifications
- Added an RSS Feed to the site for the blog posts
- Added paging to the blog posts for easier navigation through the posts
- Added tagging to blog posts
Version 1.3 - Updated Toolbars
October 24, 2014
This update continues to brings better performance to IncidentSmart map tool. We have updated how the "More" option works for the mapping program. The dialog for selecting from the additional options is now faster, and more responsive.
- Created new toolbars for the "More" option. Instead of a full dialog a smaller list will show instead.
- Updated all map toolbar icons. We have removed all of the individual icons, and replaced them with a single image, this will improve performance across all environments.
- Updated the stairs icon to fix a visual flitch where the stairs did not appear closed.
Version 1.2 - Arrows Everywhere
October 6, 2014
In this update we are bringing you a new icon The Arrow. Head over to our post about The Arrow to get more information. This update also focused on improving performance of the map tool. We were able to streamline some functions, and the result will be better performance and a smaller memory footprint. This is huge gain for mobile device users.
A new Users page has been activated. This page shows all users who are sharing reports publically.
There were also a few random bug fixes thrown in there.
- Added a new map icon the Arrow
- Added a Users page which displays users who have publically available reports
- Added blog posts to the IncidentSmart homepage
- Updated the way map dialogs are created and destroyed to save on memory
- Updated Twitter Bootstrap from v3.0.0 to v 3.2.0
- Using CDN icons for Bootstrap to fix display issues for some icons, the calendar and wrench in particual
- Fixed the page shifting when openning a dialog window
- Reworked the Pre-incident Planning page to offer better clarity
- Added alternate, title text, width and height to map icons
Version 1.1 - Now with more color
September 22, 2014
This release brings a lot more color to the mix. A new color picker widget has been added that makes it much easier to choose colors. We have also added the ability to set colors for structures and labels. Between the release of 1.0 and 1.1 we have also been fixing bugs which we will document here.
- Added the ability to set the label background color
- Added the ability to change the text of a label
- Added the ability to set the structures background color
- Added a new color picker widget to make it easier to set colors
- Added facebook and twitter sharing to blog posts
- Fixed an issue that prevented contacts from being dragged into a group
- Fixed an issue with duplicating a ladder truck
- Fixed an issue with duplicating hose lines
Version 1.0 - IncidentSmart Launch
August 2, 2014
This is the initial launch version of IncidentSmart. As this version is a major overhaul of the entire system, we will only be listing major concept changes. This list is does not include all feature changes from the desktop version.
- Added the pre-incident planning system
- Added pre-incident planning search, useful for quickly finding a pre-incident plan while enroute, or at the incident scene
- Added training scenario system
- Added image upload and display for pre-incident plans, post-incident analysis and training scenarios
- Added sharing and contacts for easily sharing your reports
Added new icons for designing building interiors:
- Added a blog to easily share information about training, pre-incident planning and post-incident analysis
- Added ability to access and use IncidentSmart from internet connected devices