Here you will find information on using the IncidentSmart tools. We also talk about best practices for fire department training, pre-incident planning, and post-incident analysis.
By Dan Curran on April 05, 2015
We have released a new tool for designing Incident Command Charts.
You can access the tool here: Incident Command Chart Tool
By Dan Curran on March 10, 2015
This update includes a bunch of new features, an overhaul to the contacts system, a new message center, updates to the look and feel of the forms and reports, and quality improvements throughout the site.
In this blog post we will discuss all of the changes that have been made and let you know how you can take advantage of them.
By Dan Curran on January 24, 2015
We are starting off the new year with an update to our mapping tool. A number of new icons have been added in the vehicles section, you can add curved roads, railroads can be added and there has been an improvement made to the label tool.
Check out the full post to see some examples of the new features added to IncidentSmart.
By Dan Curran on December 09, 2014
By Dan Curran on December 03, 2014
Like what you've read?
Keep up to date on new articles, and get free access to try the IncidentSmart mapping tool!
- New Feature: Protected Links
- New Feature: Estimated Fire Flow
- Happy New Year!
- Fifth Alarm Dollar Store Fire
- Benefits of Pre-Incident Planning
- IncidentSmart Update: Key Box Icon, Resizing and Duplication
- Video: Create Quick Pre-Incident and Pre-Fire Plans
- Video: Improving your Fire Department's Planning, Preparedness and Performance
- IncidentSmart Update: Annotate Images
- IncidentSmart Update: Duplication
- Incident Command Chart Tool
- IncidentSmart Update: Documents and More
- IncidentSmart Update: New Map Icons
- Quote: Safety doesn't happen by accident
- Video: Fire Apparatus
- Fire Hydrant Markings
- IncidentSmart Update: Advanced Structure
- Quote: Becoming a Firefighter
- Engine Company Drills in Review
- Engine Company Drill #6: Portable Water Supply
- Engine Company Drill #5: Drafting with Two Engines
- IncidentSmart Update: Updated Toolbars
- Engine Company Drill #4: The Gated Wye
- Big Fire Hookup
- IncidentSmart Update: The Arrow
- Engine Company Drill #3: Two Engines, Two Hydrants
- IncidentSmart Update: More Colors
- Engine Company Drill #2: Reverse Lay
- Video: Using IncidentSmart for Post-Incident Analysis
- The Versatility of the Label
- Engine Company Drill #1: Forward Lay
- 5 Quick Tips to a Better Map of your Fire Scene
- Incident Commander's Guide to Post-incident Analysis
- Quick Reference Guide for the Mapping Tool
- Getting Started with IncidentSmart
- IncidentSmart Launches
Become a Member
Becoming a member gives you access to all of IncidentSmart's features.
IncidentSmart is a unique, industry leading, program that allows you to create and share
- Post-incident analysis
- Training Scenarios
- Pre-incident plans
Our program increases safety, and helps improve your department's practices before, during and after your incidents.