Here you will find information on using the IncidentSmart tools. We also talk about best practices for fire department training, pre-incident planning, and post-incident analysis.
By Dan Curran on April 09, 2017
Protected Links are a new feature that allow you to share your private IncidentSmart reports with those who may not have an IncidentSmart account or who need quick access without signing in. This feature fills the gap between sharing reports with your IncidentSmart contacts and making your report public to the entire world.
By Dan Curran on March 15, 2017
We have added a new feature to the Pre-Incident Plan report. This feature is the National Fire Academy Estimated Fire Flow. Read on to learn more about the estimated fire flow formula and how you can use it in IncidentSmart.
By Dan Curran on December 15, 2016
IncidentSmart would like to wish you a happy holidays and a great new year!
By Dan Curran on April 20, 2016
Take a look at the post-incident analysis report for the fifth alarm fire Dollar Store fire from Rochester, New York. In this report you will see the actions performed by the companies on scene and see diagrams of the initial state of the incident as well as how companies were setup after all units were on scene.
By Dan Curran on April 01, 2016
There's always a blind spot that clouds our view during an incident mitigation. It's the unknown. As firefighters, we know every emergency is loaded with variables that will impact our decision-making. Fortunately, pre-incident planning provides information that narrows the blind spot, helping fire departments make huge strides in safety and performance.
Like what you've read?
Keep up to date on new articles, and get free access to try the IncidentSmart mapping tool!
- New Feature: Protected Links
- New Feature: Estimated Fire Flow
- Happy New Year!
- Fifth Alarm Dollar Store Fire
- Benefits of Pre-Incident Planning
- IncidentSmart Update: Key Box Icon, Resizing and Duplication
- Video: Create Quick Pre-Incident and Pre-Fire Plans
- Video: Improving your Fire Department's Planning, Preparedness and Performance
- IncidentSmart Update: Annotate Images
- IncidentSmart Update: Duplication
- Incident Command Chart Tool
- IncidentSmart Update: Documents and More
- IncidentSmart Update: New Map Icons
- Quote: Safety doesn't happen by accident
- Video: Fire Apparatus
- Fire Hydrant Markings
- IncidentSmart Update: Advanced Structure
- Quote: Becoming a Firefighter
- Engine Company Drills in Review
- Engine Company Drill #6: Portable Water Supply
- Engine Company Drill #5: Drafting with Two Engines
- IncidentSmart Update: Updated Toolbars
- Engine Company Drill #4: The Gated Wye
- Big Fire Hookup
- IncidentSmart Update: The Arrow
- Engine Company Drill #3: Two Engines, Two Hydrants
- IncidentSmart Update: More Colors
- Engine Company Drill #2: Reverse Lay
- Video: Using IncidentSmart for Post-Incident Analysis
- The Versatility of the Label
- Engine Company Drill #1: Forward Lay
- 5 Quick Tips to a Better Map of your Fire Scene
- Incident Commander's Guide to Post-incident Analysis
- Quick Reference Guide for the Mapping Tool
- Getting Started with IncidentSmart
- IncidentSmart Launches
Become a Member
Becoming a member gives you access to all of IncidentSmart's features.
IncidentSmart is a unique, industry leading, program that allows you to create and share
- Post-incident analysis
- Training Scenarios
- Pre-incident plans
Our program increases safety, and helps improve your department's practices before, during and after your incidents.